Learn how to make a love jar for a special person in your life! It’s a simple yet impactful idea you can use to show someone all the things you love about them. I made one for each of my sons and we use it all the time! You can make a love jar for friends, family, significant others, and anyone else you love.
This is such an easy DIY that it’s even great for kids to make for their loved ones as well!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase I make a very tiny commission at no extra cost to you. For more details please read my full disclosure. Thank you for supporting my blog.
What is a Love Jar?
Before we even get into the DIY, let’s go over what this even is. If you’ve never heard of it, a Love Jar is a place to hold written reasons why someone is loved. You can make one for anyone you love or even for yourself. The idea is the person can open the jar and read all the reasons they are loved when they need a little pick me up.
Last year I made one for each of my sons and keep them in their room. When they’re having a bad day or maybe had a rough time at school I encourage them to go through their jar. They take 5 minutes and it instantly lifts their spirits!
How to Make a Love Jar For Someone Special in Your Life
First, gather the few materials you’ll use. All you need is a jar with a lid (of course), paper, scissors, writing tools (pens, pencils, markers) and some tape. That’s it!
Here’s how to make it:
- Cut out hearts (or any shape you like) from light cardstock.
- Write out one thing you love about the person on each heart. Make as many as you want to add to the jar.
- Use one of the hearts as a label and write words LOVE JAR on it. You can also add the person’s name if you like.
- Open the jar and add the hearts inside and close the lid. Shake it up so the messages mix inside.
- Tape the labeled heart on the outside of the jar either on the lid or the front.
- Gift to your special person!
This makes a great Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day or any day last minute gift. You can even add a gift card as a bonus. It’s also easy for kids to make on their own for grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, siblings, and other loved ones.
I love how simple and quick it is to make but it truly makes a big impact. A little DIY that takes less than 10 minutes can really make someone’s day brighter!