This Haunted House Craft is the perfect last minute easy Halloween art activity for kids! With only a few materials, kids can make a cool and spooky haunted scene. This paper craft is great for all ages and is a fun activity kids can do in the classroom, homeschool, art class, or just for fun on Halloween.
Plus, I’ve made it even easier for you with 4 FREE printable haunted house templates! Make sure you read the whole post for the free downloads.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click a link and make a purchase I make a tiny commission. For more details read my full disclosure and thank you for supporting my blog.
Easy Halloween Art Activity for Kids
Try this fun silhouette art activity with your kids for Halloween. It’s a great way to explore warm and cool colors, different textures, and various paint options. All you need for this craft is a haunted house silhouette (free templated below), white card stock, scissors and paint. Kids of all ages will love making their spooky haunted house scenes!
How to Make a Haunted House Paper Craft
- Gather your materials and cover your workspace with newspaper or plastic for protection.
- Provide your child with white card stock paper and paint. I love using Kwik Stix solid paint sticks! It’s easy for even toddlers to use and the paint dries in about 90 seconds.
- Let your child choose 3 colors they like (great time to discuss cool & warm colors) and paint the entire white paper. Set aside to dry.
- While kids are painting, cut out the haunted house templates. Choose from 4 different houses below to print or feel free to make your own.
- Encourage your child to glue to tape the haunted house silhouette on their painted paper.
- Add fun elements by cutting ghost or bat shapes from black card stock paper.
- Hang up the spooky haunted house craft and enjoy!
Free Haunted House Silhouette Templates
To make this craft even easier for you, here are 4 FREE Haunted House templates to use! Choose PDF or PNG versions below. The PDF is great for printing and cutting out with scissors. The little windows on the houses may be hard to cut out but one tip is to use a yellow marker to color them in. This way it’s still spooky and you don’t need to cut tiny windows.
Choose your FREE download below. For personal use only.
I love the finished craft! It’s so fun and spooky for Halloween. My favorite part is really how customizable it is. Kids can use any colors and patterns they want for the background, the haunted house they choose and any extra elements.
I hope you love this idea and try it out with your kids! They are sure to love it and you will too. It’s easy, low prep and a great art activity for all ages.
Looking for more Halloween fun for kids? Check out these posts: