Kids can make their own Valentine Card Craft using the FREE printable in this post. With the word I Love You To Pieces, it’s perfect for kids to make for family members and friends. It’s so easy and you only need a few materials you probably already own!
Easy Valentine Card Craft for Kids
I love making cards with my kids for holidays. It’s a great way to send a truly personalized card to family and friends. When I can turn it into a fun craft it’s even better! Years ago when I taught preschool I did an “I Love You To Pieces” Valentine art piece and it’s always stuck with me. I knew I had to recreate it and turn it into a quick DIY card activity.
I Love You To Pieces Valentine Craft
For this craft you’ll only need glue, construction paper in any colors you like, a crayon or color pencil and the free card template. It’s easy, quick to put together and kids will love making it!
Start by clicking the image below for your FREE printable card template.
For personal use only.
How to make the Valentine Card Craft:
- Print and fold the card template in half.
- Let your child color in the words “I Love You To Pieces” on the front of the card.
- Open the card, and encourage your child to write any special message they want for the person they’re making the card for. It can be a simple Happy Valentine’s Day as shown in the photo below.
- Apply glue to the heart on the front and spread evenly.
- Give your child different color papers and let them rip them into small pieces. Ripping is excellent for building fine motor skills and working those little finger muscles. It’s also fun!
- Let your child add the small pieces of paper where they like on the heart.
- Set aside to dry.
Now you can mail or deliver the card and it will make someone so happy! I love this for family and close friends. Works great to give to teachers too!
If you don’t want to send a card, you can still do this activity. Print out the template and just cut it in half. Only use the piece with the heart and continue the rest of the steps. Then, glue it to a sturdy piece of card stock and now you have a neat piece of art your child made. You can also put it in a frame for display!
I’m all about quick and easy crafts so I hope you love this as much as I do. If you recreate this with your kids, share it on social media and tag me so I can see it. Find me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Looking for more easy Valentine ideas for kids? Check out these posts: