Earth Day is all about celebrating nature, animals, and this beautiful world we live in. My kids and I have been watching a lot of nature shows lately and learning a lot about the Earth. Naturally, I had to put a craft together! Using stuff we already had at home, we made an Earth Day Paper Plate Globe. I love how it turned out and how easy it is to make.
Earth Day Paper Plate Globe Craft
- 2 paper plates
- 1 green and 1 blue “bingo” marker (can be substituted with water colors or regular markers)
- Tape, glue, or stapler (whatever you have on hand)
Check out another great craft idea – Rainbow Name Craft for Kids!
How to Make the Earth Day Paper Plate Globe
- Set paper plates on an easy to clean surface.
- Use the “bingo” markers to paint them on one side. Paint the plates to look like Earth with the blue and green.
- Set plates to dry for a few minutes or until the paint doesn’t smudge.
- Sandwich your plates together to make a “globe” making sure the painted sides are on the outside. Use tape, glue or a stapler to secure.
- Cut a small piece of string and attach to globe.
- Hang up and enjoy!
If you don’t have or don’t want to use two plates you can definitely use just one. I personally like it better with two plates to make it more like a globe. You can even fill your globe with tissue paper or whatever you have to make it rounder.
Need more indoor kids activities? Check out this Free Printable Kids Writing Journal with 20 Prompts!
Celebrate Earth Day and recreate this craft with your kids! It’s easy, fun to make and kids will love making their own globe. If you do it, tag me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. It really makes me so happy to see families using my ideas and work with their kids.