Easter is in just a few days so it’s time for all the festivities! My kids are excited for egg hunts, baskets, goodies and family fun. One of my favorite things to do with my boys is to make easy crafts and activities. We made this great Crayon Resist Easter Egg Craft recently and it turned out so cute! It’s great for all ages and I even created an egg template you can print out for FREE.
Crayon Resist Easter Egg Craft
You only need 3 things for this craft:
- Easter Egg Paper Template (grab it for free download below or draw one yourself on a white sheet of paper)
- White Crayon
I also used scissors, glue stick and card stock but these are extra and not really needed for the actual craft.
Click the image below for your FREE Printable Easter Egg Template.
For personal use only.
How to Make the Crayon Resist Easter Egg Craft
Making this craft is really easy and great for kids of all ages. I’ve done this with babies, toddlers and school aged children.
- Print out the egg template or make your own.
- Using the white crayon, create lines, doodles, or shapes inside the egg.
- Using the markers, color in the egg going over the white crayon lines you made. They’ll appear like magic!
- If you want, cut it out and glue to a card stock of any color.
That’s it! Hang up your child’s art and enjoy! I really love this craft because it only requires a few materials and anyone can do it.
Looking for another Easter craft? Check out this adorable Bunny Paper Bag Puppet!
Another way to use this idea is to print out the template in smaller size (multiple on one sheet) and make different versions of eggs. Then, cut them out, glue to card stock and use them to make an Easter garland for personalized decor.
However you choose to do it, I hope you recreate this craft and if you do please share it with me! Tag me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. It really makes me so happy to see families using my ideas and work with their kids.