I love Valentine’s Day! I know it’s not a “real” holiday but it’s so fun and I make a point to celebrate it with crafts, activities and little gifts for my kids.
Here’s a super easy DIY Valentine’s wreath you can make with your kids in 10 minutes or less with materials you probably already have at home or can get for really cheap at the dollar store.
What you’ll need:
- Paper plate or card-stock
- Paint – we used a dotting marker
- Embellishments (stickers, glitter, paper)
- String or pipe cleaner
How to make it:
- Start by gathering your materials.
- Cut out the center of your paper plate or make a wreath shape using card-stock.
- Paint the wreath in color of your choice. This is optional but adds a nice touch!
- When paint dries, add embellishments. Really fill it up and have fun with it! We used foam stickers I’ve had in stock but you can find some at any craft store or dollar store. Or you can just cut up scraps of paper, tissue paper or anything you have on hand.
- Use a piece of string or pipe cleaner to make a loop. I just stapled the pipe cleaner to the back of the paper plate but you can use hot glue, tape or whatever you have on hand that will make it stick.
- Hang it up & enjoy!