I’m not a big “New Years Resolution” kind of person but it’s 2018 and I figured I’d at least give it a try. I’m not going to call these resolutions per say but more of a game plan of 18 things I hope to do this year.
Also, it’s going to be fun at the end of the year to look back at this post and see what I was able to accomplish and what I still need to work on!
So Cheers to a new year & setting some goals!
- Know my worth – this applies to my work just as much as my personal life.
- Take a trip where I need to take an airplane – I’ve only been on a plane a handful of times in my whole life.
- Better my photography skills – it’s important for my work and a personal passion of mine to become a better photog.
- Lose 10 pounds – this seems doable right?
- Stop biting my nails – I’m terrible about this.
- See a therapist weekly – because my mental health is suffered in 2017.
- Color my hair – those grey hairs are coming strong!
- Turn my blog into a legit business – this is my year for this and I’m taking the bull by the horns.
- QUIT SODA – I don’t know if I’ll be able to do this but I’m damn sure going to try.
- Build my creative design shop – I started en Esty shop for custom graphics & digital prints and I want to really focus on it this year. You can check me out on Instagram, Facebook, & Etsy!
- Practice Patience with my kids – this is ongoing but I really need to put this in here so I can put it out in the universe. Patience is not my virtue but my kids deserve a more patient mom.
- Date my husband – we don’t usually get date nights but I want to make a point to do them once a month this year.
- Read a book (that isn’t from the kids section) – I don’t like to read books, like at all. I know that sounds terrible but I prefer blogs, magazines or anything other than reading a book. I personally challenge myself to reading one entire book before the year is over.
- Get rid of toxins – goodbye toxic people, places and anything that makes me feel bad about myself and my life.
- Create a functional home office – I need a space where I can work and keep all of my stuff without feeling cluttered.
- Go to bed early to wake up early – this is really overreaching because I’m a night owl but I’ve heard falling asleep at a reasonable time is the thing to do so why not? Who knows, it may actually make me feel better!
- Learn hand-lettering – I’ve always wanted to do this but it seemed impossible. There are so many tutorials and practice books available that I’m going to do it!
- LOVE MYSELF.
Well, there you have my 2018 goals. Some of easy and some scare me but they’re all attainable and realistic. I’m excited for the new year and what is in store for me. It’s time to step out of my comfort zone, push myself and make this the best year yet!
Do you set yearly goals? Share them with me in the comments!